Thursday, June 11, 2009

Change through Love Languages Part 1

I was on lifeway.com today and saw an article titled, "Do You Speak Your Mate's Language?" (I would suggest reading the article first, here it is: http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%25253D166757%252526M%25253D200740%2C00.html . It's pretty cool.) I was struck by the parallels that God has intentionally made between the relationship of husband and wife and the relationship he desires with us. For the purposes of this blog, I'm going to narrow the discussion down to the five love languages.

Words of Affirmation

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.
Isaiah 43:1

Quality Time

After dismissing the crowds, he went up on a hillside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone.
Matthew 14:23

Now it was in those days that Jesus went to a mountain to pray, and he spent the whole night in prayer to God.
Luke 6:12

But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.
Luke 5:16

Physical Touch

And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
Mark 10:16

When the sun was setting, the people rought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness, and laying his hands on each one, he healed them.
Luke 4:40

When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them..."Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet."
Luke 7:37-38, 44-46




2 comments: