Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sometimes Stereotypical is Needed

You know how alot of times we Christians look down on those "overused" verses? Or feel like if you out and out say that something is out for you, you're being ridiculous or too "spiritual?" Am I alone in this?
Well right now I am under attack. And I don't mean, "Well that's just the way life goes sometimes" attack. I mean eerily specific attacks. I have publicly made the decision to be more intentional with my faith. To stop concentrating on other things more than I concentrate on God. I talked about money- I don't think I particularly want to share the other things at this moment. So what happens? I have found that on every side, on every turn there is a temptation, distraction, or just out and out ATTACK on these areas of my life. It's frustrating and scary. And it's sometimes hard to apply my newfound resolve- I start to fall back into the same traps.
I think, at this moment, I could really use just some over-used, stereotypical verses. You know, some John 3:16 and Philipians 4:13. I need some basics and, with them, some childlike faith that these things are purposeful.
Right now, though... I just kind of want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment